Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day 30 - Monsoon!


First thing this morning, I ran 30 min. in the pouring rain to the bus depot to get my ticket. Felt good. I got an $11 ticket to Delhi, getting in at 6 a.m. tomorrow. I dunno what I'll do in Delhi alone for 18 hours while I wait for my flight to leave.

This is the last day with my friends in India. I was just packing to leave and Jim told me he was waiting for me to get out because he needed to start meditating. I never threw him out of our room, but it's all OK, we knew sharing a room for 3 weeks would piss each other off sometimes.
I went to eat breakfast and saw this Indian version of Santa Claus:

Speaking of "HIGH HIMALAYAN ADVENTURE," Everyone ate brunch from 10 to 2 today. I ate 350 rupees worth of food (which is about $7, a ton of food for one meal), also a bunch of hash mixed in a mango lassi. I couldn't follow time too well after that. It slowed down significantly. The first thing I saw after I ate all that hash was this incredible drawing on the wall at the restaurant:

Jim saw a huge traffic jam out our window and realized I'd miss my bus if I didn't get a ride to the bus station quickly. He walked with me to the street in the pouring rain in silence. We were both too high to care about anything or think about or plan the future at all. I turned and told Jim I'd be okay from here on. He hugged me and we said we loved each other then I thanked him again and walked down the mountain looking for a cab. I didn't find any til I reached the traffic jam. 

(breaking the 4th wall: Typing this up, months later, I don't actually know if I got a cab, because all I wrote was "so high, losing interets" then left some blank space.)

Haha, the hash kicked in so hard. I found the bus to Delhi by asking that same Indian father who'd ridden with us the whole trip which one is mine. Previously, Jim had always read the Hindi signs on the front of the buses, but this time I had no idea what to do. If it weren't for that guy being so nice I might never have made it and been trapped, high on hash, at the Manali bus station. 

I talked to him for a minute but realized I hadn't listened to anything either of us had said the whole time so I ended the conversation. It really does feel like reality is just TV. Im listening to Tool because I can only enjoy complex music right now.
Some official-looking guy got on the bus and counted people and spoke Hindi. I 'm totally unsure what he's doing and
(here I wrote "I pray this is to be
Ride was fine." The guy left after a bit.)

I kept waking up stoned and I was a total idiot from the hash which made me nauseated and also constipated and not hungry. I can't tell if the bus ride felt longer or shorter. The times I was alert felt incredibly slow, but then I'd miss huge chunks of time, too, so overall it felt like a 3 hour ride I guess.

I got to Delhi and the cabbie tried to take me to a 900 rupee/night guest house but I found a 550/night one. I slept, unsure what time it is right now. I'm excited to fly to Paris. India is gross – bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment