Left The Louvre. Didn't bother asking for my 11 Euros back. I wished I'd given them to a homeless person instead of that place, although literally no one begs in the streets out here (but mothers and babies do sleep under the eaves of shops at the mall).
I walked along the Champs-Elysees just so I could listen to that song and it started raining so I went into a payphone kiosk to call that girl I met last night. She actually wants to hang out!She told me she works in marketing for Nike but is quitting next week. I said that is forgivable then. I'm supposed to call her after dinner tonight.
Yesterday I caught a glimpse of myself in a window and it was like in Tales of the Black Freighter when he sees himself in the water except instead of seeing a man covered in raw bird flesh I saw a nerd with his pants tucked in his socks (shut up, it's really cold in Paris and I left my coat with Lydia),

a huge bulge in his shirt where he keeps his necklace-wallet, and really bad hair. My posture and gait are why I get mistaken for a nerd although I guess I am a scientist of sorts. Also, I think things like this are funny:

The best thing I've learned so far on vacation is to be as Jeffrey Lewis taught me: Open and positive. Less judgmental, too. It's hard sometimes, it really comes down to Maslow's pyramid.
I started getting punk and angry at The Louvre today, it's good to get catharsis. I felt better afterwards, so I did Guilhem's dishes and bought him toilet paper, I dunno what else to do but buy ant poison for his terrible ant problem.
My speech has become dumber since trying French, so these entries are dumb.
I called that girl again, no answer. She said she did 3 years of law school, but I didn't realize French people go to law school right out of high school, so that meant she's probably only 21. I'll call again but am so tired. I'll try the punk squat.
No comments:
Post a Comment