Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 10 (continued)

         Went to the supermarket to buy ant poison. Everyone in Paris says "bonjour" to everyone who enters their shop, and this makes them very easy to approach with questions. Excellent choice, Paris. I asked the guy "Je cherche quelque chose pour tuer les insectes" (I'm looking for something to kill insects) and he walked me to the paper plates section! I have no idea wtf he thought I said. Coincidentally, the ant poison was nearby.
         I brought it to Guilhem's and spread it for him, then started my laundry. I called the one friend I made in Paris, and we met up at Pop-in to sign up for the open mic, 3 hours early. I bought him dinner for being a good friend. Those are tough to find, and I appreciate them even more now.
He told me Swans wasn't that great and I felt OK about missing it.
         At some point I realized I hadn't been funny at all since 4 days earlier when I'd walked around with that Indian girl after my show.
         I had to play first because no one else signed up before us. The lack of a sizable audience was perfect for the incredibly sad song I'd written while walking around lonely yesterday:


         After a couple other acts I went back to Guilhem's where I finally noticed this on the "storm" windows
         Then I saw Guilhem had hung up my clothes for me! Such a nice guy. He played one of his records for me, I told him it was incredibly sexy (it really is).
         I went to the grocery store nearby, where the magazines show that feminism has totally taken over Paris

         Another unfortunate photo at a store:

That's a national chain there! They sell leather, nothing to do with the football team or native Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment